i really like this tire. i, too, had the 700x45 version and used them on my
black mountain cycles MC and then my Sam Hillborne. they roll fast but
still offer great traction in dry dirt (both loose & hardpack) conditions.

two things to note based on my experience:
1. the center tread wears quickly because it is thin.
2. the side knobs are so built up that cornering can feel "unique" at
times. as in, you turn sharply and find that the tire stops leaning at a
certain point. this is only a problem on the road. what you lose in road
turning capability you gain in offroad traction. ymmv or whatever.