I've been curious about both these tires for several years, since they're
both in Panaracer's scary-light category (at 700x38, 320g for the Soma
Supple Vitesse and 360g for the Panaracer GravelKing Slick, compared to
350g-380g for the Panaracer-made 700x38 Compass/Rene Herse Barlow Pass).
But I don't think I have clearance for a real-world 38 mm tire on any of
the bikes I have in mind, so I've mostly paid attention to 700x35, which
don't often turn up used. I just lost another eBay auction for a pair of
35mm Bon Jon Passes yesterday :-( so let's get some more details on these;
maybe my size fears are misplaced.

Panaracer lists the GravelKing Plus as ERTRO 40-622; no way I can fit 40,
if that number is real. Did you measure the widths of these tires before
you took them off the wheels? How wide were they, once you'd run them for
awhile and they'd grown?

Peter Adler
Berkeley, California/USA