Ah yes, I see how my posting could be confusing. The sentence should
possibly read "tempts a fella to put the Paul motolite to the test if the
brakes work in the reverse *of* 26" to 650b or 700c and will acomodate 700c
to 650b"

I'm thinking of the possibility of changing a size 58 700c Appaloosa to run
650b. The inspiration for this swap is due to having already having a 650b
wheel set. I have no worry of a low BB on the Appaloosa, that was the
skirting of Riv advice I mentioned in the original post. I've ridden plenty
of bikes with low BB and have always been able to adjust my riding if need
be to dull and possible danger.