Hi Max,

Since nobody else replied, I wanted you to know that you've inspired me to
check out this ride next year.  The photos cinched it.  I'd be doing it
most likely on my S&S coupled Spectrum Ti bike rather than a Riv, mostly
because I can pack it into a suitcase for airline travel.  My Ram is an
option also, and although it has a triple chainring it is outfitted with
Albastache bars and I think (know) I'd want to do this with a drop bar.
 There's also the notion that lotsa shifting is better done with a brifter.

So here's the big q: is this ride doable without a granny gear using my
compact double.  If forced to ride out of the saddle for an extended period
I don't think that adds to a pleasant day.

Any advice based on what others on the trip were using?

Steve Seelig