Great Ana,

North of Santa Cruz I can recommend Gazos Creek Road to Cloverdale Road to
get off of Highway 1. Butano State Park is nice, but if you stay on Highway
1 Pigeon Point Lighthouse and environs is cool. Inland from 1 Pescadero
Creek Road is beautiful and there are (2)cheap trail camps in Pescadero
Creek County Park. Of these Shaw Flat is the nicer, a fire road can get you
to either of the two.
In the Half Moon Bay area a coastal trail/path goes up to Moss Beach area
you can ride a route that includes gravel and dirt around the Pillar Point
Bluffs some really nice views along the way.
I work sometimes in Moss Beach at the Fitzgerald Marine Reserve, stop by
the main entrance and say hello, I'm often there or on the beach below.

Mark Schneider
Loma mar