"Riding from the campground to the ride start/minnewaska parking lot is
about 6 miles and 1,200 feet of elevation."

I'm trying to figure the best place to park--at the ride start or at Mohonk
preserve and meet you at the campground.

I usually ride up to 20 miles on flat ground at 10-11 mph (I can go longer
on flat ground.) , so am not a strong rider.  I have a hard time on steep
hills.  I don't know how to interpret the elevation information. Is this
very steep?  Or, is it just unrelenting and, therefore, tiring.  Google
says it's a 59 minute ride, which concerns me for a 6 mile stretch.  Please
don't overestimate my ability (or age)  when responding. (Kai- can drop you
off anywhere you want.)

Thanks.
Roberta