If the stock tires are the Kenda Kwik Nines, they are awful, slow,
uncomfortable junk. I was surprised how much faster and smoother my Clem
rode when I replaced them with 44mm Resist Nomads. Even though the Nomads
were narrower, they were so much smoother since the sidewalls weren’t made
of concrete.

So, even if the tires aren’t the source of your black spots, it’s still
worth upgrading.