Unless you're in the country without street lights, Why would someone ride
with a super-high lumens headlight? I argued this with a fellow cyclist
friend who was bragging that his headlight is "blinding." To what purpose?!
If you must, point it angled downward so you can see potholes or the road.
I used to come up over the Manhattan Bridge and get temporarily
blinded--literally--by cyclists with insane front lights. And it goes
without saying that if you're in a protected bike lane (like on the
Manhattan Bridge) you can at least temporarily turn it off. I really don't
get it.
Even in a car I have trouble with other vehicles with the insanely bright
LED headlights. They effectively wash out my entire rear-view mirror
because the contrast ratio between them and the rest of the scene behind me
is 100:1.