Jared,

I looked for a mixte and it came down to Brooklyn that Joe Bernard
recommended,  and Handsome Cycles. I think Linus and Public also makes
them.

I liked the Brooklyn because was a REAL step thru (not a trip thru, as in
raise your foot enough when you step thru or else you'll trip). The
Handsome She Devil is a lighter bike but a "trip thru."    Handsome
She-Devil is more expensive  than the Brooklyn, but if you want to build it
up, you can buy frame only.  You also can get it painted any color she'd
like if she doesn't like their colors.  The Brooklyn bikes already come in
some very cool colors.

Roberta