It is a mixed bag as there are exceptions to what sizes have a double top
tube.   I have a 65cm A. Homer Hilsen (MUSA) that is a single top tube.  I
did not request a single top tube, as I purhcased it from Rivendell after
it was built.  The bike may be a little big for me, but the secondary
market for steel bike with rim brakes has taken a dive, so not selling
right now.