Bought my hub in 2014. Model was: Shimano FH-T780 XT Rear Hub (36H Rear,
Silver)

Hope this helps. I did some research when it happened and there were a few
other people having issues.
I talked about this before on the bob list or rbw list and linked to some
of the sources.

Best,
Clayton Scott
HBG, CA