Hello J,

Many people rode 2.4 tires on rims with 19mm internal width before wider rims
really caught on. Some people will tell you it makes it harder to lower
pressures without sidewalks folding, but that is less relevant with tubes.
You’ll probably get pinch flats before that happens.

I run Maxxis Ardent 2.4s on Magic 819s with no problem.

I say try it and see how you like it. Nothing catastrophic will happen. MTBR
has lots of good info on this, too.

Best,

Aaron Millhench