IIRC, Rivendell charged a similar price for LS shirts. Expensive, but for
small-run, MUSA garments, acceptable. LLB and LE charge $50-$55, and those
are made in bulk overseas, I am sure. Synthetic LS jerseys in this year's
(or probably, next year's) style can easily go for twice that. And these
flannel shirts are hi tec, not just cotton or wool flannel.

But onward to a relevant tangent: The cycling market is fashion driven;
that's obvious. But it's interesting and comforting to see that fashion
sometimes brings back useful things, when usually it is annoying and even
dismaying for its triviality, expense, and fatuity -- $200 sunglasses? $500
shoes? I realize that top of line accessories might very well be better in
some ways, but I am not convinced that they are $150 or even almost $250
better* than Tifosis. * $300 sunglasses!
https://www.oakley.com/en-us/product/W0OO6046?variant=888392464033 (And
sheeit, how silly they look.) This is like Vogue.

I recall that a couple of years ago The Fashion Market brought back what I
saw described on 1 site as an innovation in technology that allowed better
adjustment of your shoe. That technology? Shoelaces. It' still around, even
2-3 years later!

Me, I hope that flannel shirts and baggy nylon shorts and pants become the
fashion must-haves for 2020, and that Rivendell becomes the vendor of
choice.

Personally, I do pay full retail for good cycling garments if need be, but
not because they are the latest fashions. But I suppose that, if idiots pay
too much for things just because they are new this year, that helps keep
the cycling industry going for the rest of us.