328i sedan. The "illegal" engineering part was how that was part of the
"winter package" option group. Despite a pass-through in the armrest recess
for one pair of skis, the seatbacks had to drop to be able to fit two sets
of skis. That it required rationalization of that magnitude to justify
making the car as useful as it was with that feature is even more marginal.
To fit a bike you had to have a heated steering wheel, deicing side view
mirrors, etc. Hope no one in the sunny climes needs to fit a bike in their
sedan.

Second that Outback vote. The BMW is gone, the older Outback stayed because
of its versatility (and service expenses that didn't feel like a real
estate closing).

Andy Cheatham
Pittsburgh