Yes they are considerably different Leah in that they are as you found out,
considerably longer in the front overall.  I noticed it in the first email
photo of Grants new blue 59cm Clem-L(he formerly rode a 52) and called Will
@ Riv to get the specs and that confirmed it. While I knew that would be
great for someone tall like myself, and prefers a more leaning forward
position, other people who have Clems may not like it without some
re-adjustments.

I can't tell what length/height stem you have, but obviously one that
offers a shorter *overall *reach will help. The shortness can be done with
various angle and lengths, meaning a 80mm stem that rises say 25
degrees(above flat level) like a Dirt Drop will have a shorter overall
reach(flat level) than one that lowers by 17 degrees, like a Tallux, at the
same bar height.