I would like some advice on tubeless tire "best practices" please.
I've recently started riding with tubeless tires (wtb byways) after decades
of riding with tubes (and tubulars).
Though I understand the tubeless setup should be immune to pinch flats,
goat heads, wire bits, staples, glass shards etc. worse things can happen.
So for now I'm still carrying two tubes, levers, etc. and a frame pump. But
I wonder, do most folks just trust in the sealant and leave the repair kit
at home? Is one tube plenty? Do folks carry tire plugs on rides? If folks
carry plugs do they carry extra sealant in case too much escapes through a
big whole prior to installing a plug?
Also how about periodic sealant checking? How often is prudent? Does one
pull the valve core and use a wire as a dip stick to do this? How deep
should the sealant be? Should one do a first check fairly soon after
initial setup and then go to less frequent checks, or just always check
every ?? months?
TIA
ted