My only Christmas bike memory was when I was about 7 or 8. I had no expectation
of getting a bike that Christmas, but I guess it made sense since I was
constantly borrowing the neighbors bikes to ride around. So it was of great
surprise to me when I walked out to the living room on Christmas Eve night
(there is something magical about seeing all the presents illuminated by
Christmas tree lights that just must be examined once you're parents have gone
to bed) to see two green and black huffy bikes parked by the tree. I found the
one with my name taped on it and promptly assumed the saddle to ensure proper
fit. It was a great few seconds until the kickstand gave in and I fell over
onto the Christmas tree. After causing what I thought to be a great disturbance
and being worried my parents would catch me, I quickly freed myself from the
lights and limbs of the tree, replaced as many ornaments as I could find on the
floor in the dark, and rushed back to bed.

The next morning I pretended as if I had never seen the bikes, and honestly
those bikes looked way better in the light so the surprise was mostly true.

The best part of this story is that later on that day my brother told me almost
the exact same story of him waking up in the night, mounting the bike and
falling over on the tree only to scurry off the bed thinking he had caused a
disturbance and ruined Christmas.

Related riv content, I have now evolved to ride a Bleriot since that one Huffy
Christmas.

Matt Cook in CT