Scott, handling is normal/fine although I think the stem could be 10-20mm
longer to fit optimally (i go back and forth on that which is why I haven't
made the change yet). I highly recommend this bike, rides zippily like a
Homer and the color options are great this batch. It handles well on single
track. I ride it around golden gate park trails here in SF. Also, here is a
video edit I made riding the Road Plus on Mt. Tamalpais dirt roads:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B5RwAfelCn4/

On Thursday, December 12, 2019 at 8:16:35 AM UTC-8, Scott S wrote:

> Adam, great looking ride ā€” love the fenders. Iā€™m considering a road + as
> well for an all arounder, including some trail use ā€” any experience on
> singletrack w yours? Also curious about long TT / short stem combo and any
> impact on balance or handling.
>
> On Wed, Dec 11, 2019 at 8:04 PM Adam Leibow <ad...@pritchardpeck.com
> <javascript:>> wrote:
>
>> I got the new road plus and it rides really great. took it up all over
>> mt. tam and marin. it's been my wet weather bike recently. this is the
>> "53cm". (so called because of the compact geometry - it fits like their 58
>> rim brake bikes)
>>
>> [image: IMG_5530.jpeg]
>>

>> On Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 10:31:33 AM UTC-8, Bill Lindsay wrote:
>>>
>>> I finally bought a BMC Monstercross frameset.  Why?  Because it's dumb
>>> not to buy one.  The only thing that had been stopping me was the
>>> horizontal dropouts, because vertical dropouts are categorically better.
>>> Since the last time I decided horizontal dropouts were a dealkiller, I've
>>> acquired 4 bikes with horizontal dropouts, and guess what?  I didn't die.
>>> Vertical dropouts are better, but horizontals are not the end of the
>>> world.  The BRIGHT green colorway of the latest batch made it
>>> irresistable.  So, new bike day?  The build will be a drop bar mountain