Everyone who said, “the derailleur clamp size is 31.8mm, it’s a double butted
seat tube so your caliper measurement was wrong because it was too high on the
tube” ... you were right! 34.9 mm to 31.8 mm shim from the local bike store and
then we were in action! This is more than just a baby bike, it’s a very stout
but also feels like lots of other riv bikes. It was very comfortable to stop
with the bike and the baby. That’s the main thing, but a big part of that is
being able to step forward between the baby seat and the nose of the saddle,
it’s a great trick compared to my Cheviot which just can’t compete for baby
seat riding. The Schwalbe G one tires are super floaty and fun, I have been
wanting to try them for a long time and they really beat all my expectations.
Tried some on the hillibikes at Rivendell yesterday, the whole round version
and it was great. I got to speed version for the baby bike since I don’t
anticipate too much Too much dirt writing, they are huge!