Eric, you are probably correct that we have the same brochures.  There
weren't many published that I know about and I think I have maybe four or
five, including the final "sales" brochure.

I've compared the geometry of the 55 Appaloosa and my 54 Hunqapillar and
the only thing that would affect the ride difference, geometry-wise, is the
longer chainstays on the Appaloosa (52.5 cm vs 46 cm on my size 54 Hunq).
 Also, I think the Appaloosa may have quite a bit stouter tubes than the
Hunqapillar.  The Hunqapillar was a budget version of the Bombadil, which I
believe had some .8 main tubes, so I'm guessing the Hunqapillar is similar,
but I've never seen actual numbers.  Will gave me the tube thicknesses of
the Appaloosa and it's STOUT.  I don't remember the exact numbers but there
were some 1.2's in the main tubes.