On Thursday, January 2, 2020 at 9:33:42 PM UTC-8, Joe Bernard wrote:

> I don't think he's right about the return of dt shifters. I would also
> contest his contention that manual shift is making a comeback in sports
> cars; there's a stalwart few who never abandoned them, but I'm not seeing a
> mad rush back in that area. Dual-clutch semi-autos with paddle shifters are
> not the car equivalent of downtubers.

Agree, this is way off topic, but what car mfr is bringing back manual
shifters?!  Yes, Miatas, certain Hondas, Toyotas. VWs, Ford, GM and of
course BMW and Porsche still offer it.

But with the advent of Battery Electric Vehicles (BEV), the leader is Tesla
and they only have one speed. Same for the Chevy Bolt and Nissan Leaf.
Even the new $150K Porsche Taycan will only have a 2 speed transmission.
None of these BEVs have manual transmissions.

Similarly, with bicycles, things are going to e-shifting with Shimano di2,
Sram etap and Campy EPS. They all work very well. I don't see a return to
dt shifters....Good Luck!