I first heard mocking references to rivendell and grant on forums and
blogs.  Read some of Grant's writings.  Even though I liked wool, steel,
axes, etc.  I joined in the mocking.

On a whim I went by Rivendell.  I loved the store and everyone I interacted
with.  Every time I've been by I've enjoyed the visit.  Test rode a
hillborne, loved it.  I never got one, still kick myself occasionally for
not pulling the trigger on a $1600 craiglist hillborne that looked like it
was fresh from Rivendell.  My having money and Sams being in stock never
coincided.

I heard about the roadini and it seemed to be a great match for my riding.
I've always bought off the rack and decided to build from a frame.  I had a
few other frames in the running.  In the end decided I wanted to support a
great company  with my dollars.

[image: IMG_20190211_151848071_HDR.jpg] <about:invalid#zClosurez>