If it was "a bill of goods" we'd all be experiencing problems, and that's just not so.

On 1/10/20 10:03 PM, 'Tim' via RBW Owners Bunch wrote:
I'm just glad someone finally used the words "fragile" and "Compass" in the same
sentence. I think Jan has really sold folks a bill of goods. (And I know many on here swear by them. Hello to
the Patricks!) I've never had a sidewall cut in any other tire, ever, although I've always carried a boot,
just in case. Counting the sidewall cut on a BRAND NEW (so much for calling them "event tires")
Stampede Pass that caused my DNF at PBP, after 1000km, in 2015 (which couldn't be held by a boot, or a dollar
bill, leading to 7 flats over 50km, and I think it was Theo, from Compass who replied to my complaint that,
yes, it's true that boots don't work well on those tires) I've thrown away three straight Compass rear tires
before they had even 1500 miles on them. Each one had a sidewall cut, although I very consciously changed the
way I rode to ensure I didn't drop off a curb or approach anything at an angle to avoid rubbing the sidewall,
even in the slightest. Quite frankly, I will never buy another thing from Compass/Rene Herse. Sorry, but I've
needed to get that off my chest for a long time. We now return to your regulary scheduled programming.

--
Steve Palincsar
Alexandria, Virginia