Sorry for the slow response, but thanks for the kind words Tom.  It's an
FSA Comet crankset / BB with external bearings, which uses an annoyingly
rare chainring interface - but I discovered through internet sleuthing that
it is the same as a Cannondale spec, which Wolf Tooth makes a spider
adapter for, so I have that plus a Wolf Tooth 38t ring to replace the stock
32t.  Not sure what the spindle length would work out to on this setup
since it's all integrated.

Seatpost is the stock one, S65 sounds right?  It's about 20mm from being
maxed out.  I don't love the look, but the ample standover is nice!  I
prefer the look over a step-thru so I'll take the compromise.