I'm in a similar boat as Robert, the original poster, so thank you Robert
and all for this discussion.

Does anyone know if the 56 cm / 650b (MiT?) Atlantis has a little more tire
clearance than the 2.2" that is reported for all Atlantis (Atlantii?) on
the latest spec sheet available online (
https://www.rivbike.com/pages/geometry)?  In case I ever cross one.

And add me to the list of people interested in grabbing an older version
Atlantis with shorter chainstays, although I'd like to know the tire
clearance, which I understand was increased on the MiTs.

Thanks
- Matt
agonizing over my next bike purchase in San Diego, CA