I've ridden thousands of miles of Midwest gravel on my Toyo Atlantis; 200
of them were racing the Dirty Kanza. I switched to a Salsa Fargo for
serious gravel riding because of comfort, disc brakes, and tire clearance.
I can barely squeeze 700x50 on the rear of the Atlantis and the brakes and
kickstand bracket collect a lot of mud when things get nasty. If I were to
choose a Riv for all road/gravel, it would be the Appaloosa.