And for me (a happy Roadeo owner), the appeal lies in the idea of a similarly
svelte Grant-designed bike, but with even larger tires. Fast, light bikes that
preserve the manners and handling of a Rivendell are FUN. That doesn’t mean
stouter, stately bikes aren’t also fun! If I could clear out my stable a bit,
I’d happily order a racy custom Riv that could clear 35s and fenders. That’s
basically my dream bike (based on the kind of rising my life actually allows).