My buddy is into MTBs and he does a "vintage" ride every year in Marin
County. Basically, 90s-era mtb bikes and components are considered vintage.
Last year he picked up a fairly rare Fat Chance (Yo Eddy?). All of these
bikes have 26" wheels and tires (559mm). This is basically outdated
technology and he loves it. Granted, he's an mtb/cross type guy and has 4
other bikes with proper 700c wheels aka 29ers and a bunch of dedicated road
bikes. So if you're into vintage, look at 90s-era mtbs!  Good Luck1