On Tuesday, February 18, 2020 at 6:25:39 PM UTC-8, Patrick Moore wrote:

> Someone on this list modified his original-issue Atlantis for discs and
> was very happy with it. I forget who, but he sent me a photo -- best of
> both worlds (for off road, at any rate), IMO; and a very nice bike.

I think it's this dude's bike
<https://bikepacking.com/news/readers-rig-williams-rivendell-atlantis/> (more
pics here <https://bikeindex.org/bikes/1844>). According to the article,
the bike was a rather extensive crash rebuild, and needed a new fork. Heck,
it was even converted to 650B from 700C. This isn't a "sacrificial
Atlantis" but a resurrection. Even though Grant swore he won't make
disc-braked bikes, he probably wouldn't be dismayed at this particular
example, since the bike is enjoyed as intended, with beausage all around,
and outfitted with parts Riv staff will find familiar.