Huh. My Original Clementine complete came with Silver cranks. I thought the
Clem was designed along with several components, including the Bosco bar
and the Silver cranks? I may have that wrong. I guess you are saying in the
early design stage it was built around using the Sugino crank? Still, with
several iterations of Clem Smith Jr., you would think, if they saw it as an
issue, they would have addressed it with a slightly longer bb spindle. I
wonder if it's even more pronounced on the latest, longer chainstay models.
I do seem to recall my Big Dummy may have experienced this on occasion.
Certainly seems to be several easy fixes if it's a bother.