I'm intrigued by the Copenhagen wheel myself, though for the present solely
in an academic way. But I think that having a Rivendell with assist would
beat another electric bike.

Me, I think I'd use 60 mm Big Apples. They are pretty darned bulletproof
and you can run them soft enough to absorb bumps (that is, about 25 psi; I
don't know why Schwalbe puts a 35 min pressure label on their 60 mm tires,
since 35 in such fat tires is rock hard. Me, I say 25 or 27 psi max).