Nathan, I can feel your excitement from way over here! Oh, a Rivendell is a
game-changer. Let me tell you about all the things you get to look forward to.

1. When you walk by your bike in the garage, even if you aren’t heading out for
a ride, you will glance at your Sam, and you will smile. No one will understand
this.
2. You will develop the urge to ride, even when you have more pressing matters
to attend to. You will make up errands you deem ‘necessary’ so you can throw a
leg over your bike and sail off, guilt-free.
3. You will find ways to work your bike into conversations. Even if those
conversations are happening with non-bike folks. There will be photos on your
iPhone, and you will pounce on opportunities to share them.
4. You will haunt this List and bond with other Sam-owners.
5. You will get an Instagram account so you have an outlet for posting
gratuitous photos of your Sam. You will become proficient in hashtags.
#whatinsamhill is my suggestion.
6. You will neglect your close relationships. This will occur because you will
get on your Sam, find a rhythm and never want to go home again. “Just one more
mile,” you will say.
7. You will develop an expensive Sackville habit.
8. You will have recurring nightmares that your bike will be stolen, so you’ll
pony up for another Rivendell when the opportunity arises. (I’m not kidding; I
have this one - but it always ends with me finding a spare Betty Foy frame I
never knew I had in the back of my garage.)

Does that about cover it, Friends?
Leah