Color would be nice, but it's terribly expensive. We offer color in
our books, which can be sold over a longer period of time, and thus
amortize the cost. We also have color photos of almost all bikes
featured in BQ at

http://www.vintagebicyclepress.com/image-archive.html

More ride reports: Every issue has at least one ride report. In the
current issue, it's a ride from Lyon to Nice in 1908. 500+ km on
unpaved roads in 24:30 hours, on a two-chain bike... We have an
article on cycling in India for the Summer issue, and more for the
following issues. Some rides are recent, others from the past, but all
are out of the ordinary.

We try to keep a balance of technical articles, inspiring rides and
fascinating history in every issue, plus a neat classic bike featured
(a 1954 Alex Singer in the current issue).

Jan Heine
Editor
Bicycle Quarterly
2116 Western Ave.