I also love the charm of getting a BQ in the mail but I still have to
disagree. Bike porn is better in color. In particular, I saw color
pictures online of the Toei that was reviewed in BQ and I felt that
the printed black and white photos really failed to convey the
loveliness of the bike.

On the other hand, I understand that printed color photos are too
expensive. My suggestion would be that BQ articles on new bikes and
equipment have an associated online archive of color photos. These
would give subscribers a better look and would also serve as online
advertising to attract non-subscribers who want to read the details in
BQ about the gear in the online photos.

Apologies kin advance if this is an old idea,
...Roy