I’d classify members of my family as science-skeptical, like a number of the
higher up posts, so I am not As deeply offended as others, but I’m growing more
and more curious. I would ask what anyone who resists doing what every
scientist and expert is suggesting expects to gain from such resistance.

My father found a small flaw on a graph today and used that as evidence that
“nobody really knows what’s going on”. That seems to be the line on a bunch of
stuff. Climate change- “nobody knows everything/the jury is out.”. I don’t
understand the need to shove these tiny wedges into what we do know. Who does
it help? What does anyone gain? What do you personally gain by downplaying the
information of people who know more than you on a certain subject? Where does
the need to do that downplaying come from?

Seems like the potential damage of using irrelevant info to dismiss relevant
info is...risky.

The conversation I had today was frustrating. Excuse the venting.