I ran Snoqualmie 44’s on my Homer (pre MIT) and noticed that as the tires
expanded with mileage, the rear got very tight but never rubbed.  I’m back on
Barlow pass 38’s now, mainly because it has been so wet in the southeast that I
had to put fenders back on.  But when this wet season lets up I’ll go back to
the Snoqualmies.  I did notice the rear tire expanded more quickly than the
front, probably due to carrying more weight, so I marked which was which and
will reverse them when they go back on.   Plenty of room in the front, btw.