i never crashed my bike into the top of my garage door. instead i chose to
return a video to the video store right after a long ride. there was an
underground parking lot near the store. clearance for my car and most of my
bike...but not quite enough. when i heard the crash i had no real clue
immediately about what had happened. oh the bike. ripped the saddle off the
seat post and dented the top of the car in two places from the force of the
rack.

good luck.