I'll gush...

I agree about the classy classic black with white details. Semigloss even
better.  Those Rivs with can hang out with the classics.

There was a Rosco Bubbe that had something like a flat sage green that I
liked a lot.  The flat/matte finish is like the gray that comes to mind
when you all say battleship gray.
I'm thinking of a gray that is so matte that its perhaps inconsistent,
almost sandy, like some parts are showing a coating of dried sea spray.

I absolutely love the butterscotch color that went on some of the Clems.  I
stare at a small, older Mercedes in that color a few blocks away...and I'm
not even a car guy!

I saw a Bombadil in something like a copper.  I think there's one in a Riv
YouTube video.  Lovely.

But just last week I happened upon stonehog.com and found pics of Brian
Hanson's Homer in something like "light new penny copper" and that might be
my favorite paint of all time.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/stonehog/46788241224/in/photostream/

-Matthew
San Diego