I wasn't saying that you messed with it. Perhaps I wasn't clear enough. I
believe a "stock" Clem chain still needs to be lengthened by adding
additional links, even at Riv headquarters. Which would mean that is the
possible cause of your stiff link.

(Do they really make rolls of bicycle chain? I was just kidding about that.
Unlike, say, brake cable housing, never heard of chain coming in rolls.)