Thanks Patrick!

I'm in Singapore.

The brake levers are Riv's long standing favourite Shimano Tiagras (they
went by another name when I bought them). The hoods wore off a long time
ago and I could never find replacements. I don't know if it happens in
temperate climates, but in warm and humid climates, the rubber tends to
melt.

I used a file to smoothen the sharp metal edges before wrapping them in
twine. The twine is comfortable on long rides with gloves, I think there
would be chaffing without.

Saddlebag is a Carradice zipped roll bag. I have a Sackville banana sack on
the way.