I wonder if people actually read and digest that reading? My point, made
several times, has nothing to do with whether her bicycle cost $219 or
$2,119.00. Dollars for donuts, it has already been pointed out that the
bike is "branded" in terms of the city she is mayor of, not an actual brand.

Did I say it was a department store bicycle? No, I said it looked the same,
bicycles. Did I say bicycles for "sport" are bad, or question their
validity? Nope. I did say Clems are awesome for sport. As I also said, I
have ridden and owned modern mtb. They are fine for the niche they serve.
Clems are not a niche bike in actual use, they are generalists and do many
things very well.

The fact that there is mud on the tires has nothing to do with anything,
other than perhaps reinforcing my point that the bike is not in its natural
environment as depicted, and as an illustration for the accompanying text
in the article is not ideal. Did you read it?

Do carbon fiber spokes make a better city bike? Does a front suspension
make sense riding down a paved street to the grocery store or work? Not to
mention such a high zoot bike in a "desired" category is prime theft
material in an urban environment.

My point was, a Clem makes more sense as an illustration for the article,
and also for the mayor of Bogota to ride as the type of bicycle good for
getting around Bogota. I really don't mind that you don't share my opinion,
but it would be nice if you would take the time to comprehend the idea
being expressed, and respond to that, rather than making assertions about
something that is not under discussion. And of course, if you prefer to
ride around town on a suspension bike with carbon wheels and nowhere to
carry anything, please, don't let me stop ya!