For hot weather touring my clothing is pretty dialed in, simple, and
inexpensive. Loose, knee length synthetic hiking shorts, preferably
gusseted so the seam isn't up the middle, with a padded cycling liner
underneath. Get a liner that can be worn alone if you want - I like the one
from REI. I like Patagonia Gi shorts but there's lots of options. For a
shirt I like a loose fitting long sleeve cotton/poly blend UV protection
shirt with a back vent. I get them at Goodwill for about 10 bucks. Columbia
Sportswear is a common brand but lots of others make similar items. And a
bandana around my neck always, wetted when opportunity arises.
Last summer I did a two-week, 900 mile tour in that outfit. One shirt, one
pair of shorts, two liners, one bandana. On-road temps occasionally at 100,
a lot of afternoons in the upper 80s-90s.

Mike M