Quickbeams are great. I’ve had one since 2014.
Baskets are also great. I just use a net. I also usually have a Molle bag or
Alice bag strapped to the outside rear of the basket with a a tube and tools.

I would recommend not respacing; just run a road wheel with spacers. You can
also create your own dingle setup that way, too.  I feel the QB is a run what
you brung frame - use what you have, and replace it later. Over time it’ll
evolve, but if you can get it rolling with shed parts, that’s great. Your parts
kit seems perfect.

I like a 72” gear, but I’ve used other sizes happily.

Philip
Santa Rosa, CA