Sweet ride, Roberta! I know how much more my daughters love riding their
lighter Clementines compared with their previous, much heavier kid's bikes
or 90s Trek rebuilds. As an ogre who carries my bikepacking rig weighing up
to 100 pounds as needed, I don't innately appreciate that need and easily
forget it, until I am helping them get over rocks and roots on steep,
technical bits I just consider normal. Grin.

Like you, Roberta, I enjoy freely wandering topics, learning much from
them. My 2.8" beefy tires on my GBW are the perfect case study for going
tubeless, yet I do not. Why? I've yet to experience the need. Cross
reference "big, dumb ogre." Grin. For me, the weight isn't a big deal. I
get plenty of tire suppleness with a tube with the carefully chosen suppler
tires I ride, and I still don't grasp how a field flat is addressed without
mess and frustration. Arguably, the one flat I've gotten on "Beorn" was due
to inner moving rub as it occured on the inside of the tube after months of
riding. Still, for me, tubeless is a solution looking for a problem. Grin.
I am delighted it is working for so many!

With abandon,
Patrick