Hi Patrick,

I will offer up my 2 cents: I own a Surly Cross-Check (132.5mm rear dropout
spacing) and I converted it to SS/fixed gear about 18 months ago.  Never
having such a drivetrain, I researched rear hubs.  I settled on the VO
fixed/freewheel hub (32 hole drilling only).  I installed a Shimano
freewheel cog on one side and a Surly fixed cog on the other.  The VO hub
came with various spacers so the hub will fit 126, 130 or 135 dropouts.  It
does have a hollow axle but I've only used the bolts to secure it to the
horizontal dropouts on the CC.  One could use a QR if desired.  FWIW: Mike
Varley (BMC) recommends use of Shimano only QRs for the rear.  He states
they clamp very well vs. other QRs on the market.

BTW: I recently purchased a Fuji Team road bike frame & fork.  The mid-80's
frame had 126 spacing.  Wanting to put it together quickly to see how it
rode I put the VO hub with the 126 spacers on it.

Good luck!

Jeff