I run my Compass/RH all with tubes.

700x38 Barlow Pass EL
26" Rat Trap Pass EL
700 x 38 Steilacoom

Done D2R2 with each of the above, no flats. Very few flats overall.
Initially ran the RTP with some sealant in the tubes, no longer bother. I
am of the belief that flats are partially luck, partially environment,
partially riding style and awareness, partially tire width and pressure.
Lastly perhaps tire construction and rubber compound. Anyway, I seem to be
getting the best of both worlds--great rolling and handling, plus fewer
flats--with Rene Herse tires (with tubes.)

700 x 32 Stampede Pass EL, more of a "normal" flat rate (have not had these
on a bike in a few years, about to build one up).  I attribute this to the
well-observed phenomena of wider tires at lower pressure being less prone
to get punctured by sharp objects.