I have some Schwalbe G one Allround tires on my Appaloosa but they are the
57mm wide variety. Now, these do fit, but the rear is a bit close to the
chainstays...basically a couple of mm's on each side is the clearance. They
work, are nice tires and are comfy but I'm beginning to wear them out and
have always been a little concerned with the clearance when out in stickier
muddy stuff.. I'm thinking about my next tire set and have been eyeballing
the Fatty Rumpkins, lighter variety as a replacement. I like the tan
sidewall and they look like they can handle some stuff. I think I rode
these back in the day on a Sam Hillborne I had, but just cannot remember
how they felt or if I was impressed or not with them. So, I ask you...

What are your experiences with Fatty Rumpkins?  Would you recommend them as
an allroad tire? I basically have been riding the Appaloosa on pavement and
gravel roads, so the tire needs to be cool with that kind of surfaces. I
could always go with a Rene Herse tire too, but thought since I'm making an
order through Riv I would check out what they got in stock.  What do you
think?