Thanks, Jason I had the Pasela in mind and may buy a pair. The
Extraterrestrials look a bit beefy and have too much tread for my taste.
Sorry, haven't liked Marathons.

I've used PowerBlocks in the 451 size, but found them rather doggish
despite others' opinions; at least, the Pasela ought to roll as well.

Others' opinions? I may eventually buy some Nachez Passes, but I'd like to
try a cheaper alternative first.

Again, for *occasional* light dirt use, sandy soil. I can fit up to true
45s, I think. There was a similar thread on the boblist recently but that
was about 559 X 2"+ tires.

How wide are your 1.75 Paselas (and how wide are the rims?).

Thanks.