I forget what other Rivendell you own, but the Roadeo was designed with
light tubing and road geometry to compete with the carbon fiber crowd, so I
would not be surprised if the difference is in the frame. My new Riv
replacement (thinnish wall, narrow gauge tubing, lighter frame) feels
faster than the custom Rivendell it is modeled on, this last one built of,
as I decide in retrospect, too-stout tubing.

Of course, wheels and tires can make a huge difference too.