Thanks, Jason. I know that the immensely big Big Ones on the Matthews dirt
road bike seem to roll fully as easily as the Elk Passes -- the BOs have no
tubes, the EPs have light ones. For road use, I have no particular need or
desire for tires fatter than about 32 (the EPs are labeled 32 but measure
29 mm and 27 mm on my 2 sets of rims), but for this bike at least it will
be nice to take the occasional impromptu excursion into the nearby dirt
roads and trails where sand makes the EPs ineffective.